Dear Blog,
Sorry for being such a horrible owner. I have neglected to fill your pages with my random thoughts, or at least with my enticing photos. You have gone lonely for far too long. I keep being afraid of touching you and dropping a 500 pound weight on you of all the things I want to say. I have too much love for you to have such a thing happen.
Yet from the ashes you awaken. Awaken in time for the new year. What brings the return? Well a couple of things.
First of all, I should really document in writing the adventures I have here. So many restaurants, hiking trails, walks, etc that I see, and how will I remember what is worthy or not? Memories cannot be trusted. When I return after years, I want to know where I did go and what is good or not. =)
Also, as I've used facebook and twitter to document my life, it has occurred to me that those are very unreliable sources. They are one line sentences that really do not say much about what goes on. Also incredibly difficult to compile.
And then there is my constant awareness of how completely oblivious I am to the intricacies of the English language. Writing is truthfully rather depressing as I realize how minuscule (hah!) my vocabulary is. So many words that should be used but are not. They are just sitting in the dictionary waiting to get out. Yet I am cruel enough not to open the pages and even find out what they are. Instead.... the regulars make frequent appearances.
Well and of course the year is coming to an end. Some people go and head to the gym, some people clean their apartment.... I go and think about all of the places I want to go, and things I want to do. Writing is a motivation factor. Part of the reason for not writing is that I feel like my latest adventures do not compare to my escapades of the summer... yet they do. It is just a different type of an adventure.
And lastly, something that pushed me over the writing edge, it is 'Julie and Julia'. Movies make quite a bit of an impact on me. Heck... I was rather traumatized by 'The Lion King', and hiding behind the covers for 'Transformers' and am currently avoiding continuing 'Arrested Development' because the embarrassment pains me. Movies have an impact. Well.... this impact is quite positive. I feel like I am floating. All is possible. Talk about an optimistic approach to a new year that is right around the corner. So many recipes that can be cooked! So many adventures to be had! It can all come together!
So yes... my dear blog. I have come to grace your pages again. I hope I will not disappear for a while again, at least for a while. =)
For now....
Goodnight, and good luck!
-Olga
No comments:
Post a Comment