Some people are good at writing, some are not. I have never been blessed with the talent of being able to formulate my thoughts.
I am often afraid that people think I am a lot dumber than I am. I do not speak very intelligently, and I cannot formulate my thoughts well on paper or in speech. Yet they are there, fumbling around in my head. They simply refuse to come out in some manner that is pleasurable to the ears and eyes. Or understandable for the matter.
I have had a blog (well livejournal) since 10th grade of high school. My writing has improved tremendously, as has the purpose of my blog. In this blog I have tried to write even more coherently... but that is quite hard and it doesn't seem to fit together.
That being said... I love stalking other people's blogs. Some know I read them, some have no idea. Lots of random people I find. I love reading about people's lives. I feel their ups and downs with them. Go on their adventures. I don't feel like it is stalking... I care about these random people (and not random in other cases) and I wish them the best. Sometimes I think I should say something just to say that - "I'm thinking of you. You're great."... but that doesn't happen.
I am very envious of everyone out in the bloggasphere that I run into that has their own personal way of writing-their style. They can make the smallest stories into something that I read and feel. So many similar stories happen in my life, and ofter more exciting... but I can't write about them. I can't make them flowery or interesting to read.
Some say this is a skill we can learn. I guess high school and college has not taught it to me yet. I am planning on joining Toastmasters someday (I guess out in Seattle) and work on my skills. Maybe that will help.
Another goal in life: be able to write things that are worth reading. For now... I'll try to stick to pictures and practicing my phrasing.
Incoherent thoughts. Well, whats a blog for if not some rambling at times.... about the blog?
You know, for an entry about incoherent writing, that was quite readable, coherent, and interesting. I completely know what you mean about the "stalking"...I may not talk to these other bloggers very much, but I do care about them. I try to throw in a comment once in a while so that maybe they know I give a damn, but I need to do it more often.
ReplyDelete