Friday, 27 February 2009

Things that take your breath away

I listen to a bunch of morning shows, and one discussion they had this week was 'Things that take your breath away no matter how many times they happen'. They listed things like being at a start of a baseball game, walking on the beach etc.

Got me thinking on the things that always have an impact on me. The first thing that comes into my mind is the sunset. No matter how many times I look at a sunset, I always become happy at the sight of it and just melt. Something about those clouds and the colors.... amazing.

Another is rather random. I drive on New Hampshire Avenue to school every day, and there is a hill right after I pass under the beltway where you can usually see the Capitol on the horizon. Takes my breath away every time. I think I really like being near important buildings. This happened when I lived in London every time I walked outside. :)

The third that popped into my head was the start of a show. Curtain rising. Anticipation. Amazing.

What moments take your breath away every time? Think of those little things, and life becomes even more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment