Friday, 8 May 2009

The end of many things

I think updates generally come either very often, or not at all. Once I have not updated for more than a week, updating seems hard. I don't know where to start when I try to make my post. So many things have happened. So many things have been seen (and eaten). Where to start?!

But the ice needs to be broken eventually. Always seem to come back. Hopefully for the better.

The reason for this return is that well... this blog will soon need to be used on a regular basis. I am graduation in May 21/22 and then departing for New Zealand and Australia on the 23rd through July 3rd. This appears like the best form of communication and I am hoping it will be functional.

As of the state of life now--panic. Complete panic. Hard to believe that in 2 weeks I will be graduated, and leaving everything and everyone I know. I realize I will return in July for a month, but I doubt I will see most of the people I see now then -- it is more of an effort in the summer. And then after moving away... who knows who will remember about my existence?

It is hard to think about leaving college. I get very attached to places. I know, College Park MD is not the best place on earth. But the memories are good, and there are things you learn and love about a place. This was five years of my life. That is quite a substantial length of time. It is a time when I think I have grown the most as a person and I think I have come out at a much greater place than when I exited high school.

But now the long list of lasts is starting. Last meeting of my fraternity was last night. Last day of work is on Wednesday. Last day of classes is Tuesday. Last exam is the following Wednesday. The last time I see person after person most likely. Head wraps around these ideas.

But life goes on. New experiences will come. New exciting places. New friends. New adventures. New everything. So for now, looking ahead and marching on to what will happen.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry real friendships are not broken by distances and Seattle > College Park by far :)

    P.S. You have just inspired me to start my own travel blog, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and from the words of the late Douglas Adams "Don't Panic!"

    ReplyDelete