Sunday, 24 May 2009

The foggy city

I haven't been to San Francisco in well about.... 6 or so years? In my mind it has always been the hilly California town of awesome asian food. Warmer climate and all.

The whole time the pilot was talking how SF was overcast... yet we were over California, and it was sunny and beautiful and amazing... He kept saying this until 5 minutes before touchtown... when it was still sunny! I couldn't believe him. And then... suddenly, with no warning, a giant cloud appears. It came to me a bit of a shock to walk off the plane from 80 degree DC into well.... bonechilling wind, foggy SF.

And as it turns out the city is so hilly that different parts of the city have different climates. Thats just insane.

Still planning to buy a sun lamp as soon as I move to Seattle. Sunlight... I need you for survival.

For now, I am going to find my un-stylish windbreaker and grudgingly take it out for todays' adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Lol that reminds me of Peru and that huge permanent cloud over Lima!

    ReplyDelete