It really is a great city. I had no idea how lively it is. Today I went for a walk looking for some free internet from my apartment and found it seems... everything. Incredible diversity of people and any shop imaginable. And all so close! Now sitting in a super-cute coffee shop, Argento, intersection of 12th and Olive St. Comfortable couches, amazing soup, and free internet.
The movers have come and gone. They also 'unpacked', aka took everything out of all the boxes and put it wherever, so now my apartment looks like a hurricane went through it. Starting to tackle putting things together, but it will be an adventure.
Still really missing internet in my apartment. It is crazy how dependent I have become on it. Compulsion to go and check email, message people, check news, wikipedia... all the time. And I can't! Silly people in my building having passwords on their wireless.
But it is a great city. I've already had a bit of a social life here, which is great considering I just got here.
No comments:
Post a Comment