Thursday, 20 August 2009

Welcome home!

Well to the new home. Yesterday was the official relocation to Seattle! Complete with flying out of Reagan so getting first a sunrise drive through the city, and then a beautiful fly-over (forgot the camera transfer thing in apartment otherwise I would put pictures up). Overall very great weather on the way so great sights.

With arrival in the new city comes arrival at my new residence! I'll be living in a very, very nice apartment building in First Hill neighborhood. Aka, right near everything. 30 minutes walk to work. 20 minutes to downtown. Lots of fun places to eat/explore nearby. The place is beautiful - so white and clean and wonderful I am afraid of all of my things getting delivered today and messing it up! But then it still hasn't quite set on that this is my actual apartment. It will not have internet through at least August 29th though.... but I'm trying to find some coffee houses or something in the area that I can go to in the meantime.

I am most impressed (and one of the reasons I picked the building) with how amazing the management is. The manager was so complete in getting me set up for everything, choosing my parking spot, showing me everything, telling me where to go. This continues as I could see residents popping in while I was talking to her asking questions. This is not something I have experienced yet with my non-amazing College Park experiences and I am excited to have.

So for now, after an extremely restful night at an amazing hotel in downtown, I'll head back to my empty apartment and get ready to greet the movers!

Hope to get some exploration done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment