On the streets of Seattle this week. We have had such a warm winter that the trees have started blooming. The mountains have so little snow we can get up trails that are supposed to be snowshoe only in a light jacket, if that, and not touch any snow. A bit of a problem for the Winter Vancouver Olympics...
The opposite of an early spring/lack of winter? DC area's snowpocalypse.
My parent's yard this week. Paving the way through the snow for the x-country skiing around the yard.
So much snow (this is not all, I think they did it in several stages), that it cannot be simpled shoveled. Their solution? Break it into blocks and stack it like an igloo. Love it.
Sad to be missing the snow, but then it seems that after a week of being trapped indoors one could get some cabin fever? I will treasure this mild and rather dry winter of Seattle. =) I guess the city has decided to make me fall in love with it before next year it unleashes the never ending rain.



No comments:
Post a Comment