Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Rewind: Switzerland Trip

Considering that I returned from Switzerland less than 2 weeks ago, I feel entitled to make a small post about that trip. :)

The place we skied is Zermatt, which is on the border of Switzerland and Italy. You can actually ski from one to the other. The Swiss side is

This is Matterhorn. The most amazing mountain ever. I got sort of obsessed with taking pictures of it. Very hard climb.

The food in Switzerland was amazing, even on the mountain. Cheese fondue is my favorite.The Alps are amazing.

Apart from skiing, we went to some hot springs. Right on the mountain. Leukerbad. I recommend.


Liechtenstein was a little ways away from our road, and I really wanted to visit a new country during the trip so I made us go on a bit of a detour. That country is only half of a mountain in size...



We spent one day around Germany. Unfortunately, my parents were both sick by then so they had to stay in, and it was a little rainy.

2 comments:

  1. The picture of the fondue with mountains in the background is phenomenal.

    Went to Switzerland almost 10 years ago and have been dying to go back since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah when Julia and I went to Geneva last fall we got cheese fondue. Crazy expensive meal but from that point I was craving another dose of real Swiss cheese fondue. Finally my chance came and I grabbed!

    ReplyDelete