Sunday, 22 March 2009

Extravagant Summer Plans

After bugging almost everyone I know and don't know to travel with me this summer I realized a simple thing. If I want to do something, I have to just deal with it and do it myself. As a result, I recently purchased tickets to New Zealand and Australia for over a month leaving the day after I graduate. Crazy solo trip. Planning to fly to Auckland, travel down to the south island all in two weeks, and then head over to Sydney (included in my round trip ticket cost!)

Planning has not really started. Will begin soon. It will be a crazy crazy trip just because I have never done something this long and by myself. But then this leaves time to meet random people and do exactly what I want to do. :)

Also this is a plug for travelzoo.com -- find amazing deals through their Top-20 newsletter. And no you will not have to fly with the chickens and cows.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing...Australia + New Zealand is one of my dream vacations. I'm so glad I'll get to live it vicariously through your blog. You'll have to find some internet cafes while you're there and post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going solo at least once in your life is a great experience too :)

    Nothing can hold you back when you are by yourself!

    ReplyDelete