Human touch is amazing. I sometimes forget how amazing it is, and then I realize how much I miss touch when I am touched again.
We touch babies all the time. We know they need to be touched. And then through time that goes away. People don't give hugs as much. Don't kiss each other on the cheeks. I love the countries that kiss friends on the cheek.
Even random strangers touch is amazing. In massage class, we massage random people, and it is amazing. I close my eyes and just revel in the sensation.
Reading an story in AdBusters this month in a series of 'i touch her', 'he touches me', 'need to be touched' (titles approximate). One of the articles was about a man who needed to be touched. He was at a bar with friends. He tried to brush against people -- they all moved away. He tried to fall, but people didn't help him up. He couldn't just ask. Defeated he walked to the bathroom. Somebody was in the way. He got an idea. He hit the person in the face. The other person hit him back. He relished in the touch. Now his friends rushed over and were touching him and helping him up.
That article really.... touched me. We're in a world full of people, yet human contact does not happen so much. And if there is no human contact then life feels empty. Touch is just so amazing. And type of brush, even against a stranger. Warmth. Life. Feeling. Makes me really feel. I am constantly craving human touch.
And where can you get contact? Hugs from friends -- people don't hug that much. What if you are in a random place and don't know anyone (I mean I'm moving out west by myself...). Where to find touch? Where to find hug? Where?
No comments:
Post a Comment