Back home. Still surreal. It might just possibly be because of my intense jet lag. Got home at about 1:30am um... about 48 hours ago. Stayed up until 4am. Slept until 2:30pm. Tried to go to bed at 2am. Couldnt sleep until 9am. Dosed until 10am. Now its 1:30am following day and still awake. Um... hoping sleep comes soon....
Apart from the sleep problem being home, apart from completely surreal, has been awesome fun so far. Spent some time with parents, relaxing, and sorting pictures after returning. Very nice to just... rest. That doesnt seem to happen much when traveling.
Today (well, now yesterday) was Independence Day. Not being a patriot for the US, the awesome part about that is fireworks. This being the summer before moving away from DC my goal was to see the fireworks in the city, but that did not manage to pull through so went to a pretty amazing plan B.
A friend has a house by the Bay, so a bunch of folk (mainly jugglers, climbers and their friends) went over there for fun on the water. My kayak even got to see daylight as it exited the basement for the first time... in I dont even know how long. Went out on the water in four kayaks and a canoe... though did not stay on those much. Mainly involving pushing each other off and fooling around. Why would you not be in the water? Amazing temperature and no jelly fish out yet. I love being in the water and it is strangely amazing being in not salt water. You can stay in so much longer and I dont have to be as careful with the eyes and just... great. The "kayaking" was followed by some pretty intense chicken-fights. Pretty hard to do when everyone is covered in sunscreen and quite slippery.
Saw the fireworks in Annapolis from quite a ways away, but still pretty amazing. Many colors shapes and sizes. Good display and for once I could actually see the finale as there was wind. I think that is one of the reasons fireworks should be shot up above water... more chance of a breese. All good except the mile walk from where the car could actually be parked. I guess nothing compared to the ride on the metro?
So hopes to more of those times. Love water. Being in it. Being under it. Being right above it. Most of the world is covered in it. Must treasure it.
So being home has been great so far. Scary to realize how short of a time I have left home, and how much I want to, and how much I NEED to do before I leave. But will get cranking on all that.
The best part I think is being around friends. Once again, missed hugs and human contact a huge amount. Wrestling in the water is perfect for that. Here's to more awesome times for the future.
For now, here's to hoping I can fall asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment