Monday, 29 August 2011

August Daring Bakers - Candy!

Tempered Chocolate Truffles

The August 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drive and Mandy of What the Fruitcake?!. These two sugar mavens challenged us to make sinfully delicious candies! This was a special challenge for the Daring Bakers because the good folks at http://www.chocoley.com offered an amazing prize for the winner of the most creative and delicious candy!

The two candies I made were truffles Pate de Fruit. I had made truffles before, but they were always the rolled kind, so tempering them was a new thing for me. I can't say I was too good at it - I think I needed some better apparatus for getting the truffle out of the chocolate bowl. Mine were getting too coated and odd looking. But they tasted great! I prefer rolled truffles though - the tempered ones are just too rich.

More truffles

The pate de fruit were super easy to make. Mix up the mixture, let it set, cut it up, roll in sugar. So easy! They were also delicious and amazing replacement to candies like this that I have bought oh-so-many-times.

Orange Candies

Overall - I loved the candy challenge. Thinking of trying some of the recipes I didn't do at a later time. Delicious!.

You can check out all the recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment