Thursday, 25 August 2011

Blue Angels

8/7/2011 Blue Angels at Seafair

The Blue Angels visit Seattle at least once a year for SeaFair. They do their main show over Lake Washington, but they do fly-bys around the whole city. Last year I watched it the show from Lake Washington. It was loud and intense, but the weather was overcast so they could not do any of their most impressive fly-up moves.

This year was all clear skies, but I didn't have to time to venture to the lake. This photo was taken from the roof of my building on extra-zoom. The Blue Angels are questionable in their advertising of the military and the amount of fuel they eat up in their performance among other things, but they are fun to watch. I am impressed at the engineering an the pilots that zoom by in crazy formations.


No comments:

Post a Comment