Sunday, 27 March 2011

Daring Bakers March 2011: Yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake

3/24/2011 Daring bakers Coffee Cake

The March 2011 Daring Baker’s Challenge was hosted by Ria of Ria’s Collection
and Jamie of Life’s a Feast. Ria and Jamie challenged The Daring Bakers to bake a yeasted Meringue
Coffee Cake.

Rolled out dough

I really liked this challenge - delicious and not insanely difficult or time consuming. I made only one screw up - I rolled one of the cakes in the wrong direction... whoops. I got a crescent coffee cake instead of a round one. Looks don't really matter, right?

Put on all of the toppings.

I filled the cake with pecans, chocolate, cinnamon and lots of sugar and whipped eggs. Delicious. I especially loved the dough of the cake because it is so soft and chewy and not dry like the coffee cakes I have tried in stores.

Coffee cakes! Delicious.

You can find the recipe for the cake here.

1 comment: