
I finally bought a new bike on Saturday! I've been talking about getting one for a while. My old bike is a mountain bike which is not very practical for trail riding especially when your usual bike partner rides a road bike. Since road bikes terrify me the answer is... a hybrid! I've actually been riding Ryans' hybrid for a while with the seat all the way down - not extremely comfortable but worked well enough. Not for the 50+ milers planned for the summer though.

So I present the bike! After several failed attempts I finally got a great salesperson in Gregg's Greenlake that realized that I need to sit on a male bike, not a female one. No wonder all the other bikes felt so awkward. And even more amusingly I settled on the newer, smaller frame version of Ryans' hybrid. Maybe I've just gotten used to it? Or maybe it is actually a great bike.
Got to try out the bike on Sunday for a nice ride out to Alki Beach. Not so beautiful path there (you have to go through the port area of Seattle... not as pretty picture as you may think), but a beautiful path once you're in West Seattle and looking out at the water or the city. Would love to return... hopefully after the finish construction in the port. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment