
Sweater: Forever21
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: Boden
Boots: Fitzwell Edeen
Earrings: Claires
Thumbs up: the fact that the 30 for 30 is over
Woohoo! Last outfit! Nothing ground breaking. I was thinking of doing something super interesting but well... I could not think of it. I wanted to wear this skirt because I wore if for the first time since buying during the challenge and really like it. Thats about it. Ryan said I look like an easter egg. Sort of true. Maybe getting in the mood for spring?
I am not cool enough to have an awesome recap post with all outfits - sorry no motivation to put it together. But I do have a link to my Flickr account with all of the photos of the challenge. My favorites are #3, #14 and #15 . My most detested one is #13 (thats kind of amusing actually). Looks like the intense ones are in the beginning of the challenge - maybe I lost steam in both ways?
So now time for thoughts.
Positives from challenge:
-Re-mixing is so easy! I have so many pieces of clothing I have never put together and work so well! I do not care so much about wearing a different outfit every day and will not consciously try to do that, but I will branch out more.
-I feel less self conscious of what I am wearing. Go figure - been parading it online.
-Dress as a skirt is awesome! Love that look. Will do again.
-Belts on long chunky tops are also awesome - make a figure out of the giant mess of chunky! Yes!
Negatives from challenge:
-Taking a photo every day is hard! Hard to remember and annoying when you are not very happy with outfit.
-Planning clothes is hard - when I am going on a trip or spending night over with the boy I have to plan ahead and bring what I will wear. This is difficult. I am looking forward to no planning. Though maybe for trips - leads to smaller baggage. :)
-I am not very good at accessorizing or thinking of crazy things outside the box. Leads to not so interesting outfits. But well... thats me. This challenge was out of my comfort zone.
-I wish I took photos in more interesting locations. :( But I do not seem to be outdoors apart form walk to work much. Also my tripod is 2ft tall. If I take photos in more interesting places I have to drag somebody along with me OR get a better tripod. The second option seems easier but a lot more awkward.
Things I realize I need more of as result of challenge (not to buy now, but keep in mind):
-Belts - especially waist belts. I have a nice waist and the two belts I own really do not work well for tying as they are chunky.
-Flats. Officially throwing away my black flats - they have a hole in the bottom. That leaves me with one pair of flats... Placed a Zappos flats order as soon as challenge was over - hoping at least one fits.
-More tights. They rip so easy and I do not have enough to layer for winter weather. More colors, as well as more than one of simple colors (like black and grey that are very useful).
-Colorful sweaters - I have 3 non-fleece sweaters that wrap an outfit and they are black, grey an grey. Also the two cardigans I own are black and cream. Colors! Colors!
-Accessories - I have a lot of silver pendants and small earrings. Chunky stuff has been calling me lately. Especially in the necklace area - and I don't have much.
Things I should have less of:
-Black. And blue. No more dark colors. I have a lot already.
-Most of my closet is not very re mixable. Honest - not stuff that can be layered easily and worn with other things. I did a look after the challenge. That is a shame because I like a lot of those clothes. But something to keep in mind for buying new things - easily re-mixable things are good.
-Clothes that are torn or too old and falling apart. I even have socks with holes in them. They have to go.
Anyways - it has been fun. Would I do it again? Maaaaybe. In a different season - summer perhaps? Since Seattle fall is awfully like the winter in Seattle. Will I keep posting outfit photos? Every once in a while. When it is an outfit I really like. Not an every-day sort of thing. I do not mind wearing the same thing so I'll try not to do that but I will not go out of my way to do that. Also I'll try to have more interesting settings for the photos. :)
Anyways - outfit posts have been for but farewell for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment