Monday, 28 March 2011

Cupcake Royale versus Trophy Cupcake

3/25/2011 Cupcake Royale

There is a happy hour at work every other Friday on my floor with a theme. Last weeks' theme was cupcake wars. Aka - cupcakes from Cupcake Royale and Trophy Cupcakes for all - which one is better? An excuse for a huge amount of cupcakes is always yes.

Hands down Trophy Cupcake for me. I love their cake moist batter and rich frosting. I find Cupcake Royale to be too dry and the frosting too similar from one cupcake to another. And minus maple bacon (which I don't even like), Trophy Cupcakes has much more awesome flavors (like smores!!).

I believe Trophy won in the official count (not by much). Though there were a couple of people that voted for Pizza and Beer (the other parts of the happy hour).

I was amused when I went to their sites that Cupcake Royale calls itself 'Seattle's Best Cupcakes' and Trophy Cupcake calls itself 'Seattle's Most Celebrated Cupcakes' in the header. Though both have the 'Seattle's Best Cupcakes' later down the page. I guess they do not trample each others' territory completely? Though where does the 'best' come from?

The photo above is from Cupcake Royale box. I was going to post the Trophy Cupcakes one but it was not as colorful so not as fun to post (their cupcakes are much less colorful. I love less artificial color).

So yay cupcakes. No need to have huge slices of cake - just a small cake for all. We actually had to cut the cupcakes in half so that more people could try them... but still - small slices and samples are awesome.

1 comment: