I am new to remixing so I am not sure how this will go, but I want to explore what I have in my closet and what I lack.
As to how this will impact my 365 project, I am stating that the photo I take of my outfit every day will not be part of the project 365 unless I am very proud of it. The proudness factor is for me to judge. Also, I can get somebody else to take my photo for the 30-for-30 challenge.
I've picked out my pieces for the challenge a couple of weeks ago so that I start avoiding wearing them now. Pardon the bad photos and captioning - I was very tired the evening I did this.
Challenges in picking:
-I am always cold. I hope that mass layering will help me through the challenge.
-I do not have a lot of accessories. I own two belts (!!). I am guessing I'll start doing the scarf-as-belt trick.
-I've never done much remixing. We'll see how this goes.
Personal rules:
-If I am going to be skiing or hiking for the day, that does not count as an outfit day. I'll be wearing specialized clothing that day and unless I change into something to go out later, I'll just push the challenge back a day. If I were to include outdoor clothes in this it would not be a fun month.
-I am going to Vegas for a weekend at the end of February. Not sure I have everything I want for the trip in here. I might skip a day in there. Full disclosure ahead of time.
Shoes (5)

Top row: Fitzwell Edeen, Durango Bottom row: Sketchers, Mary Janes (do not remember where I got them), Naturalizers
Skirts (5)

Top to bottom: Boden, flee market in China, Rafella, Boden, Jean skirt (Kohls maybe?)
Dresses(2)
Left to right: Modcloth, Boden
Pants (2)

Top to bottom: Express jeans, Kohls black jeans
Sweaters (5)
Bottom to top: Victoria Secret Boucle turtleneck, Forever 21, Boden chik wrap, Victoria Secret V neck boucle, Rei fleece,
Shirts (11)
Left column top to bottom: F21 cowneck, H&M long sleeve, Gap long sleeve, Kohls green shirt.
Middle column top to bottom: Gap black undershirt, H&M cardigan
Right column top to bottom: New York and company button up, H&M yellow shirt, H&M pink sleeveless, H&M long sleeve shirt, Thirfted cardigan
Kudos to you for the shopping ban for 30 days! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks - I am on a shopping ban half the time - seems like as soon as I take it off I go on a spree and then there is another ban until I have some shopping budget left. At least I stick to the budget... two months in the future. =)
ReplyDeleteI have that same dress selected to be a part of my 30 also! ( the one from Modcloth) I will be very interested to see how you wear it! I also like your earring display!
ReplyDeleteKelley
http://casaturtle.blogspot.com
Kelley - I love that dress. The only problem I have with it is that it is not lined. Last time I wore it was with leggings and it kept riding up. I only own one slip and it is too short to stop that from happening. I am hoping that the dress will not ride up with one of my smoother tights. Have you worn it in winter?
ReplyDelete