Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Spare some change?

What do you do with your spare change?

1/25/2011 Spare change?

Personally, I put it all in a jar and let it sit there for ages. Not the best saving mechanism, but I don't really notice that I put change in there and it is fun to see every couple of years how much I save up.

Last time I cashed in I got about eighty five dollars, but that included no quarters (College = laundry machines). Now I have been piling change in the bin for a year and a half and this includes quarters. No intention to empty it out in the near future, but it is curious to see how much is in there.

I remember in high school we did the 'how many pennies are in this jar' experiment. We weighed a penny and the jar and figured out the number of pennies in there. Not so easy now since I have so many different coins in there. Would be curious to weight and estimate based on some average when I get closer to cashing the change in.

Photography lesson of the day: I am tired. I organized my Lightroom catalog and uploaded photos and such for almost four hours last night. I am taking a breath from serious photos tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Coinstar machines at the supermarket can give Amazon gift certificates. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete