Thursday, 27 January 2011
More sushi on a beautiful day.
Honestly not sure which to pick as the photo of the day today. I picked the sushi just because I was meaning to have that be a photo last week but it didn't happen, but I love the Rainier photo.
My folks are visiting so I took my mom out to lunch at Japonessa. Yes I love that place. Twenty bucks for two people for lunch and stuffed with sushi? I say yes.
Then I took her up on the Columbia Tower Observation Deck. Amazon has offices in the building so I can get to it for free, but it is only five dollars compared to the twenty some dollar Space Needle. The view is amazing, and you can actually see the needle from there. You cannot go outside but there is not that many people there usually and it is a great place to hang out.
And the evening entertainment finished off with seeing Barber of Seville at the Seattle Opera. I remember seeing it when I was very little in Russia, but it was all fuzzy - I just remember liking it. And if you can get a kid to like opera, it must be good. It is funny, has beautiful arias, and well... is not boring. Lots of laughing to boot. Recommend this for anyone who wants to try out opera for the first time.
And tomorrow... I am off to Whistler! Farewell America! Well... for a couple of days. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Fantastic Seattle pic! I love those clouds. Guess I'm putting Japonessa on my to-do list for the next time I vist ^_^
ReplyDeleteYup - I recently discovered it and it has been love. I am all about happy hours lately - half price meals? Heck yes!
ReplyDelete