The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a Biscuit Joconde Imprime to wrap around an Entremets dessert.
This is my first Daring Bakers challenge. I joined because I want to bake more challenging recipes and this is a great outlet for trying new recipes.
Sadly, I think that this month the challenge was a little too daring for me. Though the cake tasted well, it did not look like it was supposed to and not nearly as well as everyone elses. Tasting great is what matters, right? No trouble finding victims to finish it off for me.
1. Do not use green as a food coloring. Yes it is my favorite color. Yes it looks like mold when combined with food. Bad combination.
2. Use more food coloring. Green combined with little of it looks like even more mold than it would without it.
3. Rulers. I should get one. Useful for like... measuring things.
4. Um... last lesson I am not sure about. Honestly not quite sure why my design turned out to completely fail. So lesson of not understanding?
Linking to recipe over at the Daring bakers site. I do not feel qualified to give the recipe considering how mine did not turn out so pretty. Also - off to Whistler so not much time to type. Hoping I do better in next months' challenge!




It could be your oven, moisture in the air, or any number of factors that made your recipe turn out the way it did. Try again and maybe it will turn out better! We're always learning something...
ReplyDeleteYes - so many things can make a baking project have problems. It is just so hard to narrow down. I am not persistent enough to try guess and check altering each little factor so I often end up with very imperfect results.
ReplyDelete