Today I stopped by the Seattle Girl Geeks dinner. First time I've gone by and apparently the most chaotic. It was at the Microsoft store in Bellevue and boy was it crowded. The back portion of the store is made for max 45 people.... I would say there was definitely more than 100 in there? More outside. So crowded and with the noises of the store and advertisements all around - a little bit hard to network and hear the speakers.
That being said - lots of fun. Got to chat with some fun folk from other companies, listen to great speakers from Microsoft talking about Kinect development and their women affinity groups. I'll be back to the dinners - though hope they don't hold them in such an insane location again. Also making me drive over to the east side after work is all sorts of not fun.
So lesson of the day: check if camera is charged before bringing it, and when going to events I should bring my own chair. =) Check.

I promise tomorrow I'll take some better quality photos! Seems like everything I have lately is so pixelated/saturated/etc. It'll help when I get outside for photos on the weekend hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment