Weekend means going outside - so come hail or high water (in the case of Seattle massive amounts of rain and warm temperatures leading to snow even in the ski resorts) I was going outside.
Today's excursion was to Coal Creek Falls in Cougar Mountain State Park just outside of Seattle. Short stroll down the river armed with my camera and tripod. A couple of small waterfalls and cool looking mines.
This waterfall was my favorite - a little higher than the rest. There were two problems with taking a picture of it though -
1) My tripod is less than two feet tall. When you factor in branches and how low the trail goes, this makes things difficult. I also cannot pivot it well because it has trouble holding my camera + lens up.
2) The waterfall had a horrid branch across the very top of it. None of the photos with it looked good. So I aimed at the bottom.
Photo turned out well I think - excited to have figured out how to get the nice water effect. I've always taken pictures where I don't do a long shot of waterfalls and get just the water spots - the strands of water 'hair' are much nicer.
In other news - I just got 10 pounds of cow delivered to me (crossfit gym bought and divvied up half a cow). I am excited. Mmmm cow.

No comments:
Post a Comment