Monday, 3 January 2011

A New Year - Project photo a day

Happy New Year! I never really do resolutions since I tend to forget about them, but it occurred to me that this can be a good chance for me to force myself to take more photos. I've been trying to learn more about photography recently and the 'take one photo a day' seems like a great approach, as well as a good way to document life and encourage myself to do cool things. =)

I realize that I might not upload photos on the exact day (for example, it is January 3rd, and I am just now uploading photos), but as long as a photo is taken and later posted it counts.

So here is to 2011 and exploring photography!

January 1st
1/1/11 Gold Creek Snowshoe
The weather was amazing so I dragged Ryan out early (well anything is early on January 1st after being up so late) to try out snowshoeing. I'd never tried it before, but was pretty sure I'd love it so I went ahead and bought snowshoes earlier the previous day. Went with a very easy trail to try them out. Went to Gold Creek Pond which has a huge winter recreation area - lots of people snowmobiling, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. A little hard to adjust to walking in these shoes - walking with feet further apart is odd. Overall, I am ready to face more adventurous trails next time! Also I forgot to charge my battery so it ran out halfway through the trip... whoops?



January 2nd
1/2/11 Crystal Mountain
Continuation of the amazing weather led to a day ski-trip to Crystal Mountain. I had never been there before and it is definitely my favorite resort in Washington so far. Right next to Rainier, has much faster lifts (and padded!) and on-mountain dining. Lots of wins! It is also larger so people are a lot more spread out. The day was magnificently clear too. This photo is from when I went up to the very top 'expert' section and was trying to go along the rim of the trail to get to the less icy moguls section. The trail was thin and full of rocks - not pleasant. But the view was magnificent.

January 3rd
1/3/11 New Root Organics
I subscribe to a CSA - New Roots Organics. They deliver a bin of produce once a week - I get to pick and choose what is in it and it comes from a variety of farms. It is great, but I haven't gotten a bin in a month between the holidays, being sick, etc. Finally! A bin! Excited for intense amounts of kiwi and oranges/mandarins. And have to figure out something to do with lots of onions and spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment