Saturday, 30 April 2011

Friendly neighborhood construction project

4/26/2011 Something is building

We are getting a new light rail station in Capitol Hill. In five or so years. But I am very excited. The station is a block away from where I live now so I keep peeping out at the construction. They're going to be starting the tunneling portion soon. I am just glad that the condo is not on top of tunnel... caving in much?

When the station is complete, if I am still living where I am, I could take the light rail straight from there to the airport or downtown. Amazing! Instead of taking a separate bus downtown and then the rail to the airport or taking the bus and waiting in the cold outside... inside rail! And no problems with traffic! Amaaazing.

Too bad it will take a while. For now I'll keep spying and enjoying the updates on the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment