Thursday, 28 April 2011

Hearts of Brownies

4/25/2011 Too cute a brownie?

I've never been much for 'festive baking'. Like having orange cookies for halloween and whatever Christmas breads. So when I saw everyone popping up with super cute heart cutouts for V-Day, I was actually interested. Not at that time... thats like going with the masses. But I put it on my list to bake soon. Soon turned out to be more than two months later, but that is not the important part. :)

The important part is that I love this way of baking. So awesome to make a super easy design while cooking. I happen to have a beautiful set of heart cookie cutters so this was a necessary task.

The brownies did not hold together very well though. Maybe a gooier brownie would work better, but the tended to fall apart when you grabbed them not in a perfectly straight manner. No problem - easier to have brownie pieces for snacking.

I'd also add more chocolate - the dark brownies were not dark enough and not chocolaty enough for me.

The was a fun project. Easy and super rewarding. :)

Recipe: Smitten Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment