Saturday, 30 April 2011

Russian River Brewery

4/27/2011 Trio

No I did not go to the actual brewery this week (though I was there in December!). Just tried a bunch of the beers.

Ryan has always been a great fan of Consecration. I used to hate it (because I kept trying it after I drank Duchesse de Bourgogne which is on the sweeter side making drinking something sour after it unpleasant), but I have recently discovered a great love for it. Unfortunately it is rather expensive so it is not something that can be drunk often. It is very sour and delightful. :)

So on to the reviews. Ryan picked up a couple of bottles at Trader Joe's for us to sample.

Damnation: Kind of boring. A little plain. I do not think of it as so different from cheaper brands. Very wheaty and a little bit sweet. I would not get it again.

Temptation: A little bit tangy, but very light. It has a nice tang to begin with but does not have such a nice finish. It is okay, but I think other beers are better.

Sanctification: Not as sour as consecration, but sour enough. I really liked the fact that it is had both the wheat flavor and the sour flavor. Would return to this one. :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you're a fan of sour. I tried my first real sour beer a week ago at Churchkey and wasn't a huge fan (given, it was sour in the ballpark of vinegar - not sure how sour yours was). Still curious though...I'll def look for this brewery at the Village Pump next time I go with the beer buddies.

    ReplyDelete