Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Mercer Island bike ride

4/17/2011 Mercer Island

With spring comes warmer weather and less rain so a great chance to get some bike riding in. And since I recently acquired a new bike, I need to get some miles on it!

Last weekends' trip was to Mercer Island which is an island in Lake Washington in Seattle. The loop around the actual island is about 15 miles and is constantly up/down right/left insanity. Not the normal flat pleasure ride that I'd go for, but very pretty.

Also made me realize that I have a lot of work to do to get to biking shape. My butt was in major pain at the end of the trip (my bike seat is not the right one for me.. I hear you're supposed to sit on the seat, not slide off the front of it constantly). And the hill on the way back to Capital Hill were not so pleasant. Oh Seattle and its' hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment