
Sunday was a short hike up Cedar Butte. Only three miles, and less than an hour out of the city? Great for a lazy Sunday.
The hike starts off on the Iron Horse Trail for about half a mile. Then a small turn off to the side down a muddy (well on the day I went) trail up the hill. Lots of trees down, but easy to get around them. The trail is not very steep and mainly covered (great for rainy day). Few people (some of whom were lost.... they asked us where the waterfall was?). Not that much snow - only a little at the top. You could see Mt.Si from there which was fairly covered.
There is not that much of a view on the top - too many trees. Some of the photos I see in trip reports seem to have fewer trees... maybe it is grown over now? Not much of a problem on that particular cloudy day, but if I was doing the trail in the summer I would have been disappointed.
My favorite part of the trail was the awesome trees (pictured above). They are like aliens!
Overall, I'd take hiking Cedar Butte over something at Tiger Mountain. Way fewer people. But I'd prefer Rattlesnake Ledge or Little Si for a not long hike with an actual view.
No comments:
Post a Comment