
Moving along in the alphabet of breadmaking: brioche. Brioche is mainly one thing: butter. Lots and lots and lots of butter. It is like a croissant in a different shape. One of these little guys was enough to fill me up.
There are actually three types of brioche - rich, middle class, and poor mans. The only distinguishing factor is... butter. Rich folk get more butter. Duh. I was going to make the middle class one but... I accidentally added too much butter (thought a stick was a quarter cup instead of half a cup... whoops). So it turned rich. And boy was it rich.
I don't think I'll be making this guy again. It was delicious... but way too rich for me. I can't handle it. On the plus side it is fairly easy to make. I also made it in loaf form because I only had enough brioche pan space to fit about half of the lot.
I used the Breadmakers Apprentice cookbook recipe which you can see that people wrote up here or here.
I also really like my portrait of this Brioche. I like the colorful background instead of my normal black counter. It gives it a little something extra. I need to start making more creative photos of my baking projects and I think this is the starting point.
No comments:
Post a Comment