
This lovely Canon Rebel t2i joined my camera family last Wednesday. It was a long and turbulent joining. First there was the long debate of whether the family needed to expand. Then there was a lot of delay in delivery... something about tornadoes in Illinois making the poor Rebel get stuck there for a while? Oh the horrors of refreshing the tracking notifications with the words "delayed due to natural disaster". First world worries definitely.
But here it is! I've been thinking about getting a new body for a long time. My current body has been the Canon EOS 20d. It is a great camera, but it is getting old. Not responding very fast, images not crisp when I am trying to view them and horrid auto-focus. Not wanting to spend two grand on the high end Canon cameras (and being attached to Canon because between the lenses I inherited from my dad and the ones Ryan has, there is quite a Canon lens army in this apartment), I went for the Rebel line. True they are often considered flimsier and criticized for their sensor, but I think that this camera is a great improvement over my old regardless. Definitely worth the price.
I am very excited to take the Rebel out more - but I am protective of it. Don't want to get it all scratched up... and the camera 'purse' I ordered is not getting here until this Friday. The horror! It has so far only gone out on a hiking trip and a very careful trip in my current purse. Want to make the new addition feel welcome. :)
So yes - camera, meet my blog. :) We'll have lots more adventures to come together.
No comments:
Post a Comment