Saturday, 18 June 2011

Seattle Eats: Sushi and Steak

6/11/2011 Nashino

A new sushi discovery for me last week was Nashino. It is located by the Arboretum (aka not in my usual walking radius) so it was exciting to get out there for a girls night.

This is now my favorite place for sushi in Seattle. A little problematic since it is more expensive than the places downtown and is further away and you need a reservation, but I am willing to deal with this. Special trips out there must be made.

The sushi was amazing. Extremely fresh and melting in my mouth. It was a little sad that the rolls came as 4s instead of 6s, but I was willing to deal with this to get more of a variety. I was especially amused by one roll that had asparagus in it.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the sake there. We got one of the frozen bamboos full of sake. It was so good! Whenever I've gotten cold sake before it has just come in a wine glass. Maybe the bamboo is what does the trick to make it delicious? :)

And pictured is the dessert. Do I really need to explain that it was delicious?

6/10/2011 The Met

My love of the Metropolitan Grill is well documented.  Amazing steak. Chill atmosphere. Great lemon drops. What more does one need for a date night? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment