
Maybe proclaiming that summer has started is going to make it dreary again, but that is fine. We have finally had a couple of absolutely beautiful days of summer. Everyone is outside, the mountains are super crisply seen and everything just seems happier.
This photo is from Friday, which was dubbed even on the radio as "the first day of summer". My team had lunch on the rooftop of one of my work buildings that has a magnificent view of Seattle. It turned out a little shaky and I should have tried taking more photos, but I love the reflection of the needle in the window of the building.
Summer here is so wonderful I wait for it all year and jump at it when it arrives. It is not too hot - it was around 75-80 high this weekend. Not humid unlike the horrid east coast. And the sun stays out LATE. Granted we have the solstice coming up, but summer mornings and nights are extremely long. The only problem with this for me is that I am awake, though not of any form of mental capacity, sometime around 5-7am. Way too early for me.

But the early awakening leaves more time to enjoying summer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment