Sunday, 7 June 2009

Am I in London....?

Kings Cross. Liverpool Street. Hyde Park. Richmond. Look left signs. I'm in London right?

Nope. Thats Sydney. The similarities are quite scary though. The first sign was in the train the font that is used to show directions is the same as in London, and the sign for 'Way Out' is the same. From there on it just goes crazy. Street names just like England. Complete British colony.

So yes, Sydney is pretty awesome so far. I'd describe it as a well... harborside, hippy London so far.

The weather is magnificent - not too cold, not too hot and sunny and beautiful. Hoping it lasts. Just in case, dropped my bags off at the hostel and treked up to the Botanic Gardens as soon as possible. It didnt appear real to me that I am in Sydney until I saw the opera house. Yes tourism. But now that has been seen so I can calm down and take things slower. I was planning on going to the Blue Mountains tomorrow, but I just might stay in Sydney and take things slow because its a pretty amazing place.

Only thing is, finally starting to feel lonely on the trip. Not that I am not amazed at the places I am traveling. Not that I am not meeting lots of really awesome people. You really are never traveling alone, there are always others. But well... seeing all these awesome things. Going to awesome places. I really wish there was somebody else going with me that we could spazz about all of it, talk over coffee, and all that jazz. A trip is better with travel partners. But only good ones. Otherwise everyone is unsatisfied and the trip is ruined for all. So here's to finding travel partner/s for my next trips. And to many more travels. And for now..... I'm thinking chocolate and coffee in some cute cafe.




BATS! Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment