Saturday, 13 June 2009

Sydney wins

Some people prefer one, some the other, but for me Sydney comes out on top 100% over Melbourne. Maybe I'm here at the wrong time, maybe I go places at the wrong time... but it just isnt clicking with me.

Wandered around for half the day yesterday and then signed up for some day trips out of the city. But alas.

Some great things are here though: the Queen Victoria market is amazing-huge and wonderful. Love. There is another market at the beach today but I can't get over to it. Also the rowing on the river (which is not a nice color...) is beautiful. The streets are very lively. Lots to do.

But then also the Chinatown feels fake: it only has stores there and people dont live there.

The other awesome thing was that I went to see the Australian football match. Wonderful. Crazy spectators. Round field. Kind of a mix of soccer and american football. If you come out at the bottom you lose (of the pile). Game wasnt too good as it was very favoured to one side, but still pretty fun. =) Glad I saw! Plus cheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment