Thursday, 18 June 2009

Food musings

The past 24 hours I have ventured out of my bad cooking skills in hostel kitchens and had some adventures.

Camel burger: very good. Soft and quite different from any other meat I've ever tried.
Emu sausage: horrible. Very hard and intense taste. Will never try again.
Crocodile skewer: great. Kind of like fish but different. Soft.
Kangaroo skewer: amazing. Moist and flavorful meat. My favorite definetely.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried an ostrich burger? They're pretty good -- I had one in London and it was topped with arugula and cranberry sauce (like you serve at Thanksgiving). Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh I had one in South Africa and I was not a fan. =( Though it did not have cranberry on it. And I dont think it was in burger form - it was more just like meat. Maybe that makes it better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. Mine was delicious and apparently very lean. Give it another try! (with cranberry dressing)

    ReplyDelete