The feeling after you get off of a boat after a significant period of time is rather odd: it like like the ground is shaking... but it isnt. I've been having trouble walking a straight line today which is quite impressive.
I am now scuba certified up to 18m! Yay! Had four training dives, and five free dives one of which was a night dive.
Impressions. I love joining the underwater world. Its like a whole new land opens up to you down there. Also the concept of essentially weightlessness at times is great.
Saw huge amounts of marine life. Could not identify about 99% of it, but mainly had the 'its so cool!' impression on everything. The great things were seeing many turtles, and one HUGE one named Brian (its female though). Seeing many sharks, some sleeping and some moving. Some really pretty sting rays. Nemo of course, and Dory too. Just... the colors down there were amazing.
The thing that stands out is seeing a minke whale. They migrate to the Barrier reef only during June and July. There were two of them right by our boat, and everyone went and snorkled around them, getting incredibly close. They are beautiful.
Ship life itself is great. Many dives, with some surface interval in the middle which was mainly taken up by eating amazing food cooked by our resident french chef. Relaxing and beautiful. Great people too.
The only part of me that is incredibly unhappy now is my ears. All of the popping got to me by the last two dives. Need a break. But I am going diving again on Saturday! Very excited. I also want to get the Advanced certification so I can dive to 30m, and learn to use a dry suit so I can dive in Seattle area. So much I can do now!
Underwater pictures will be posted when I develop that film (yes old fashioned). I could barely figure out how to put the film in... its been too long with just digital cameras. I dont even know how to use film!
No comments:
Post a Comment