Being down under is great. Not down under the equator, but under the water line. For past two days I have been taking a scuba diving course with Pro Dive (I recomend this company completely, they are amazing, and everyone else agrees).
The course is two days on land where we spend half the time in the classroom and half in the pool. Learning about how to dive, and then practicing in a controlled environment. Its been amazing - an extremely cool sensation. Lots to remember and I am quite nervous about doing everything correctly when I get in the real reef water tomorrow, but just taking it slow does the trick. Breathing slow, moving slow. Just slowly and calmly.
Such a change from my first snorkling adventure I remember quite a few years ago in Florida where I got sea sick, couldnt figure out the snorkle, would keep being sick into the snorkle (gross, I know), and just hating the trip. Then this year in the Virgin Islands I loved swimming around and seeing everything and finally understood snorkling loving it. And now I am here! Quite a long way. And now this opens a whole new realm of possibilities for me. Maybe try to get down to North Carolina while I am still on the East Coast, and will join a dive club out west (and it is a great way to just meet people).
Anyways, extrememly excited, and I bought a small underwater camera so I'll get to take some pictures during my 4 'pleasure dives'. Will be back in 3 days so here is to a great adventure, and hoping my sea sickness medication holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment