


I can't believe that my time in New Zealand is over. Tomorrow taking the 7am (eeek!!! have to catch the shuttle at 4:15am) flight to Sydney. On to a new adventure.
I love New Zealand. Amazing country. So green so beautiful. The South Island I found more exciting - it has more mountains and outdoor stuff, though I got to see barely anything on both islands. I really want to return and either get a car or take the whole Stray Bus circuit around the whole country. So much more to see!
Little time to blog so I regret I cannot write about all of my adventures. Since I last blogged, I explored Stewart Island for a day. I didn't realize how huge that island is - we just went for a walk and I looked it up on a map later and we saw well... almost nothing. But beautiful scenery and I finally got to see one of the 'kiwi crossing' signs, as Stewart Island has quite a few. The sun came out for a bit and the ocean was beautiful. Great walk followed by amazing fish and chips in the pub (as there is only one... and they catch amazing fish on the island).
The journey from the island back to mainland was significantly less painful than the one there. Still not the greatest fan on that crossing - said to be one of the most horrid waters in the world. From there on it was straight bus pretty much to Queenstown, a crazy night there, and then bus up to Christchurch, where I am now. Only had about half an hour of daylight to run around the center of the city trying to see things here, but alas, I'll take what I can get.
One thing I can honestly say I am a little tired of is being cold. Everywhere I go I am cold. In the bus, in the hostel, in my bed, outside. Everywhere. The only place its nice is in the shower, but then there is the horrid moment of getting out of it. Am looking forward to warmer times in Australia, even if by only a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment