
I used to think that board games meant playing Monopoly, Cranium or Scrabble. I thought that was it. Boy was I wrong. Since meeting Ryan and his friends I have been exposed to a huge flurry of board games. Coming from all directions. Bookshelves, rooms, houses... FILLED with boardgames.
Lots of the board games I do not like. For example Fresco didn't work for me. But most others that I try are awesome. I have also never gotten the hang of Race for the Galaxy.
But others are awesome. I am completely addicted to Dominion. It is an amazing game. I was probably the last person to be finally introduced to Settlers of Catan. Love it. And Carcasonne is awesome and I love that it doesn't require you to hide your hand. And Shadows over Camelot is an amazing 'pseudo-cooperative' game (there might be a traitor! Pandemic is fun but a little bit stressful (on no! the virus!). Ticket to Ride is simple but involves surprising amount of skill. And Blokus is on so simple but so fun. Strategy and blocks? Yes!
My new favorite group game is Times Up. So much fun. Few props and caters to both people who know a lot and those that can memorize/make things up. And I just got introduced to Wits and Wagers last weekend which is an awesome spin on a 'trivia' game.
This is just a few of the board games. So many more out there. But it is fun to explore them. Until I get tired of learning yet another set of rules.

And I leave you with some cute flowers. :) Just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment