Sunday, 22 May 2011

Froyo for the soul

5/17/2011 Yogurtland

I have always been a huge fan of ice cream. Whether to use as comfort food, topping to a delicious meal or to make. But my recently discovery has been Frozen Yogurt. This is something that I've always rejected because well... ice cream is so much better! How can something that comes out of a machine be good? There is no crazy milkiness to it and it is the "cheep" ice cream flavor.

Well I am glad I got off my high horse and tried some Froyo over at the new Yogurtland that opened 2 blocks from my apartment. They sell yogurt by the ounce there. You take a container and go by the row of fifteen or so different flavors they have and fill your cup up yourself. In the end there is a toppings bar of fruit and sweets.

First of all... I LOVE THAT I SERVE MYSELF. So great not to have to wait for somebody to make me an ice cream cone, break my waffle cone, etc. Amazing.

Then the flavors. True they might not be as defined as gelato, but surprisingly good! The dutch chocolate one is a must for me. I love the mango one and the lemon one. Delicious. Some of the ones I didn't like so much have been red velvet cake and blueberry. But the great thing is that I usually only get a little bit of a bunch of flavors... because I can!

And finally... price. For two cups we usually end up spending five dollars. What a great deal!

Anyways - froyo is in. But now I am craving some gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment