Sunday, 15 May 2011

Coffee that stares at you

5/11/2011 Somebody hiding in the coffee

Coffee is one of those things that is so central to Seattle. It is everywhere. Large nationwide/citywide coffee shops or cute little runaways.

This encounter was at the Fremont Coffee House. It is small and cute and there are not many people there. I was only there because Cafe Ladro, which is across the street, did not have any seats available. This place was empty and cozy. Only problem is that it closes at 9pm while Ladro is available until 11pm. Bit of a downer, but not too bad for a weeknight.

I love when there are designs in coffee. It is usually smilies or trees, but this is the first time I've seen a skull. Afterward I saw a painting of a skull on one of the walls - maybe it is a theme? Either way, I love the topper on the cake making it even more delicious. :)

(PS - I realized I have a lot of posts recently where I talk about going to some restaurant...)

No comments:

Post a Comment