
Well, the Seattle Opera House is not dedicated to opera - it also houses ballet and all sorts of other things, but I always think of it as the opera house.
This excursion was to see The Magic Flute. I'd seen that opera once before in London but that was at the English Opera... meaning it is in english. I do not like seeing opera in a language I understand because I pay attention to what they are saying too much (which is often dumb) and well... think about how dumb what they are saying is. This time the opera was in German so it makes life a lot easier - read the subtitles and then continue.
The performance was great. The voices are not as strong as in the Met or other huge opera houses, but they are beautiful. The set was simple but fun and I loved the acting. Overall it was a great performance, an awesome girls date and I'll be returning.
I actually bought a 3-show pass for the next season to see Carmen, Porgy and Bess and Madame Butterfly. I have no interest in seeing Madame Butterfly, but it was cheaper to buy a three-pass than two individual tickets. I'll figure out who will come with me and how to get rid of the last pass when it comes closet to date. :) For now I look forward to some more beautiful performances.
Would you please be more provocative in your sayings?
ReplyDelete