
On Saturday I sold my car. It has been a great car to my - my first car and it has been a lot of places with me. Heck - it even got shipped across the country! Not too shabby. I've taken it up to a summer in Providence, RI, to many trips out to WV, commuting in MD and many adventures around WA state and on to Oregon and British Columbia. So many fun places and never a problem with it (well... one flat tire when it got shipped, but I am blaming that one on the shipping company). Three and some years of fun.
But now I didn't use it anymore. In Seattle I get most places by bus or walking. And since moving in with Ryan I haven't had a place to park it and we usually only use his car anyways. What is the point of paying the car payments, insurance, maintenance and parking fir it? None.
Time for this car owner to let go and join the ranks of car-less Americans (well not quite, I have Ryans can to use). I signed up for ZipCar for when I do need a car and am frankly quite excited to try it out. So many ZipCar hiding spots in my neighborhood!
Will see when (and if) I buy a car again. If I do... it might very well be the one I just sold.
So call this my last photo with the car right before I handed over the keys. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment