
Sweater: Forever 21
Shirt: H^M
Skirt: Raffella
Tights: Hue
Boots: Fitzwell Edeen
Necklace + earrings: Gifts from family
This outfit did not photograph well. It is dark near the door of my apartment and the dark blue shirt and black skirt were not a good combination for a photograph. I took this in the morning and tried to get a photo at night but just could not get a better one with my tripod. Alas - it will have to do.
I like the necklace statement - when I was last at my parents house I raided everything for old jewelry that happened to be around and not in use. This was one of the finds. Most of my necklaces are various pendants on a silver chain so it is great to get some more interesting jewelry into the mix.

I've been trying to get rid of everything I am not using (and do not see myself using) in my apartment. I have only lived in Seattle for a year and a half, but so many things that I brought over with me or obtained since then are not used. Why drag them all around?
It is hard but I have a pile in my living room of things I am getting rid of. Now just have to figure out what is worth selling, giving away or donating. It is hard getting rid of things!
Clothes, though pictured, are not so bad. I recently did a 'wear almost everything' project. Aka I wore everything (except special various occasion things) to make sure I still liked the clothes. Yet still a lot remains.
As I saw Selective Potential do it, I tried to count up all the clothing in my closet. This is rather approximate since some stuff is in laundry or not at my place, but I've got some approximate numbers.
Shirts (all types - tanks, t-shirts, sports) - 85
Sweaters/fleeces/hoodies - 18
Skirts - 21
Dresses - 11
Pants - 13
Shorts - 2
Leggings - 3
Shoes (includes flip flops) - 30
Coats - 9
Cardigans - 3
Hats - 6
Scarves - 15
How do I compare?
Olga,
ReplyDeleteI moved in October, and went through the "great purge" of 2010: this included 4 bags of clothes to go to good will - you should have seen some of the crap I was keeping!
I have 6 coats, 4 scarves, 3 hats, 2 cardigans, maybe 14 pairs of shoes, a pair of running tights, some running shorts (1-2 pair), lots of sweaters and nice shirts(that's what I wear daily) - maybe 20-30, probably 18 t-shirts and tank tops, 6 skirts, 4 dresses (maybe 3), and 10 pairs of pants (I actually wear 5).
My new rule: when I buy something new, I get rid of something in my closet. I don't shop often, but when I do, I have to get rid of something else.
- Kate Moore
Wow thats intense! I have purged a lot but obviously not enough. The thing is that I've been getting more into 'remixing' and wearing more interesting outfits so I have been itching to try some of the clothes in new combinations. I think the great purge will have to wait until I have a chance to do that. :)
ReplyDeleteI do have quite a few pieces of 'fancy' clothing that is not so much for general wear. But is that enough reason to get rid of them? The fact that they are not worn often, but are worn and are quality? These are hard tradeoffs for me.