Thursday, 17 February 2011

Glimpses into the house in Maryland

2/16/2011 V-Day Bread

My grandpa. The bread was bought by my parents for Valentines Day. Apparently they kept saying that this is a meaningless holiday and such and such but then they were at the bakery and well... it was love. And it is sourdough so I will not complain. Also it was used for dipping into cheese fondue. Double happiness.

2/17/2011 Orchids

My parents have a huge amount of flowers around the house. There are lots of windows and the light lets them flourish. I was popping around taking photos. Sadly, even though it is 70 degrees outside no flowers are blooming. Well not quite sadly because it will most likely get cold again and then they'll all die.

The temperature is especially amusing me because I was in Maryland at this same time last year and there was snow everywhere. This was the great blizzard of 2010 and I was even surprised I got to fly in and out without getting stranded. I prefer this because I am looking for some adventures outdoors.

But today was spent mainly indoors. I have made 6 batches of ice cream since I got here. I got here at 8pm last night. It's been fun. :) There is chocolate, Thai tea, lemon, raspberry and coconut ice cream in the freezer. Which to pick first?

No comments:

Post a Comment